Friday, August 24, 2012

Dirty Secret


Sometimes I feel pretty lucky in the hair department. My brown locks are dead straight and can air dry normally without any prep or product, but my hair turns from sleek & shiny to gross & greasy after about 10 hours. This forces me to take a shower everyday or even twice a day if I have nighttime plans. Combine this dirty hair with a real struggle to wake up early and you've got one greasy problem.

A good friend swore by dry shampoos but I was skeptical. When Garnier came out with an inexpensive dry shampoo I decided to try it. My hair smelled nice and maybe looked a little better for about 5 minutes but then went straight back to nasty. I've heard opposing reviews but my stick straight, greasy prone hair did not take to it.

One day while browsing the new Essie nail colors at Ulta, I overheard someone ask an Ulta employee about dry shampoos and which one was the best. They were immediately pointed in the direction of Tigi's Rockaholic. I waited and purchased the product at Target to get a better deal (Amazon carries it at really low prices as well).  BEST money I have ever spent.

Rockaholic smells good, drys up my hair's excess oils, makes it look clean and allows me to get a few minutes of extra sleep in the morning when I just can't seem to get out of bed. I wouldn't suggest using it every day, it drys your hair out and you should shower but for those rough mornings or awkward situations, Rockaholic is the perfect product to give you a refreshed and ready for the day look. It can be your dirty little secret.

Rock on,

M

No comments:

Post a Comment