Friday, July 27, 2012

Dressing Drink

Pink Grapefruit Margarita 


L and I both love a good, cheesy beach read and sometimes really great ideas come from them. Last summer I read  The Summer We Read Gatsby by Danielle Ganek. I was drawn to it because of my love of F. Scott Fitzgerald's The Great Gatsby (I can't wait to see the movie)!

The Summer We Read Gatsby is about two half sisters spending the summer in their eclectic aunt's Hampton House (rough life). It is filled with romance, fabulous parties and quirky characters. One part in particular stuck with me and became a habit of my own - The Dressing Drink. A drink to sip on while you get ready for the evening. Brilliant!

During a weekend in DC, a friend of mine pulled out this Grapefruit Margarita recipe she found on Pinterest. It was the perfect dressing drink! Light, fruity, a little tangy and the perfect amount of kick.

There were three of us, and one glass is never enough, so we doubled the recipe. We didn't have enough limes but lime-aid was a great replacement. I poured some left over Orangina into my glass, delicious! There is no better way to start the weekend!

Happy Dressing!

M

No comments:

Post a Comment